Installation – please also refer to image in picture gallery:
- Your Chaintamer must be tall enough to reach the chain from the chainstay while the chain is in the largest cassette/chainring combination – Chaintamers come in 10mm size increments.
- Position your Chaintamer approximately halfway between the crank and the cassette.
- Always orientate the Chaintamer so that the guide rails face the outside of the bike.
- Ensure that your Chaintamer does not interfere with the seatstay or other parts of your bike.
- Use two large cable ties (included) to tightly mount the Chaintamer, it should not be allowed to wriggle on the chainstay.
- Your Chaintamer will eliminate almost all your chain noise, unless you use a front derailleur. Now you can hear your tires railing, your suspension whizzing and your heart rate soaring.
- Your Chaintamer is designed so the guide tube can slide on the rails to follow the chain as it goes up and down the gears.
- If the guide tube does not slide properly, it might need a tiny bit of lubrication on the rails – chain lube residue is usually enough.
We are happy to help you choose the right size or with installation. Please contact us should you require assistance.
Chaintamer in action: