FOX recently announced its 2018 updates to forks and shocks. Here are the highlights:
Step Cast for budget friendly forks
The FOX SC 32 is the lightest suspension fork Fox has ever produced at 1.35kg.
This cross country racing fork is no longer limited to the high-end factory level. The step cast chassis will now be available in budget friendly levels.
The SC 32 Performance Elite is available with the same FIT4 cartridge damper and 7000 series alloy sliders as the Factory fork, but uses black anodising on the sliders and not the gold Kashima-coating.
The next fork down in the range is the SC Performance fork, which uses the same Step Cast lowers as the higher-end models with a FIT GRIP damper. It offers less adjustability than the FIT4 damper and comes in black anodised 6000 series alloy sliders.
The FOX 36 which is well known in the all-mountain and enduro scene had been updated with a new EVOL air spring. The new design has one less seal which results in less friction. The EVOL’s spring curve can be fine-tuned using volume spacers to make the fork more linear or more progressive.
Available with the ultra-tunable FIT HSC/LSC damper as well as the three-position FIT 4 and FIT GRIP dampers.
Offered in 150mm, 160mm and 170mm versions for 27.5in wheels; 150mm and 160mm versions for 29in wheels; and 100mm (831 version for dirt jump/slalom).
FOX Float DPS
The popular Float DPS in-line shock receives gets some updates in 2018:
- One-piece EVOL air sleeve sheds weight and improves sensitivity.
- Updated valve design, improves oil flow through rebound and compression.
- Available in imperial and metric sizing to fit a wide range of frames.
FOX Float X
- Float X shock has an updated damping tune.
- Updated with more oil volume to aid in dissipating heat.
FOX Float X2
- The Float X2 shock now gets a refined oil path to improve rebound and compression damping.
- Its seals have been redesigned to reduce friction.
- Like the Float DPS, the X2 is now available in imperial and metric sizing.
This coil shock suited to gravity as well as enduro receives many of the same improvements as the air-sprung X2. Updated oil paths and low friction seals. Available in imperial and metric sizing.
Visit www.ridefox.com for more information.