Products sold by Cogent Industries retain the original manufacturer’s guarantees/warrantee. In cases where the authorised South African distributors of these products do not honour the manufacturer’s guarantee/warranty, Cogent Industries and our international suppliers will still carry the normal warrantees / guarantees as well as providing after-sales service.
- Warranty applies only to the original owner and is not transferable (proof of purchase has to be provided on presentation of the claim).
- Warranty is against defects in materials and workmanship in the product.
- Warranties only cover manufacturing faults and defects and do not cover damage caused by normal wear and tear or abuse.
- The repair or replacement of the effected part is the sole remedy of the warranty.
- Warranty does not apply when damage is caused by improper tightening or over-torquing of parts.
- Warranty claim is null and void if the product has been modified and/or abused and/or neglected or not used for its intended purpose.
- Warranty claim is null and void if there has been an installation of parts or accessories not originally intended or compatible with the recommended product.
- Warranty claim is null and void if there has been improper follow-up maintenance.
- Warranty claim is null and void if a product any part thereof has been incorrectly assembled.
- Warranty claim is at the sole discretion of Cogent Industries.
Please note that If you feel that your product has developed a fault and should be exchanged under warranty, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine whether this is indeed a warranty issue (emailing pictures would assist us). This is to eliminate unnecessary transport costs. We will contact the supplier and do our best to sort out the problem. The cost of shipping for warranty returns are for your account. Cogent Industries, will not held responsible for items that are damaged in transit or lost/stolen, so please insure.